Duration: 3 days
Price: £990.00 + VAT [Early Bird Offer – 10% off]*
Location: CSA Group Office (Hawarden)
Recommended Attendees: Suitable for ‘end-users’ and ‘manufacturers’ involved with potentially explosive atmospheres and Ex equipment at every level.
Course Description: Our most popular and highly-rated course, this 3-day programme helps delegates to gain a solid understanding of the safety of Ex equipment, current safety legislation and codes of practice. It looks at the types of equipment used, protection types and maintenance of equipment in hazardous areas.
Optional Exam: IECEx Competence of Personnel Scheme – Unit Ex001
Click here for more information on this scheme.
25th – 27th September 2018 – Limited places
6th – 8th November 2018
11th -13th December 2018
*Get 10% off this course if you book 90 days in advance. Use code ‘EARLYBIRD’ on booking to receive discount. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Subjects included in this course are:
- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Product Certification, IECEx ATEX & North America
- ATEX Directive (Overview)
- Safety of Personnel in Hazardous Areas
- Properties of Flammable Materials
- Area Classification (Overview)
- Grouping, Temperature Classification & Ingress Protection
- Electrical Equipment Protection
- Non-Electrical Equipment Protection
- Combined Protection
- Equipment Marking
- Equipment Selection, Categories & EPLs
- Flameproof Protection Ex d
- Increase Safety Protection Ex e
- Intrinsic Safety Protection Ex i
- Pressurised Protection Ex p
- Encapsulation Protection Ex m
- Non-incendive Protection Type N/n Ex n
- Cable Glanding
- Installation & Initial Inspection
- Periodic Inspection & Maintenance