IEC Hazardous Area Classification Training Course
|IECEx Exam |
Duration: 2 days
Location: CSA Group Office (Hawarden)
Recommended Attendees: Individuals who understand the relevance and significance of properties of flammable materials and are familiar with the process and safety for electrical & non-electrical equipment and personnel.
Course Description: This 2-day training course covers the knowledge and skills required to classify areas where explosive materials may exist. Delegates will gain a clear understanding of what data they will need to gather to enable them to analyse it, determine the extent of risk and record/document zones based on IEC 60079-10-1 and EI 15 code of safe practice.
Optional Exam: IECEx Competence of Personnel Scheme – Unit Ex002 (Unit Ex001 is pre-requisite)
Click here for more information on this scheme.
Available Dates: TBC
Subjects included in this course are:
- Introduction to hazardous area classification
- The technique of area classification
- Direct example approach to area classification
- Point source approach to area classification
- Ventilation and dispersion
- Risk-based approach
- Use of industrial codes and National Standards