Introduction to Functional Safety Course
Duration: 1 day
Location: CSA Group Office (Hawarden)
Recommended Attendees: This is an essential course which is suitable for organisations in the equipment supply chain or anyone needing to gain a good general understanding of the subject and realise the implications of IEC 61508 on their organisation’s products and processes.
Course Description: This one day course includes a series of in-depth lectures, examples and guidance sheets covering the key requirements of the functional safety standards. It looks at how you can demonstrate conformity to the standards. Delegates will be made aware of the various aspects of compliance and understand the methods of conformity to IEC 61508.
Available Dates: Dates by arrangement of a private course at our premises or onsite at your premises.
Subjects included in this course are:
- Functional Safety – Why we need it
- Development of IEC61508/11
- Overview of Functional Safety
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Random Hardware Failures
- Functional Safety Management (FSM)
- Safety Related System – Lifecycle
- Competency (IEC61508-1, cl.6)
- Intrinsic Safe Systems & Glanding Requirement
- Functional Safety – the assessor’s view