Technical Information Service – ATEX
Product certification is not always a straightforward task. Manufacturers often learn that their products have not passed a certain test, or fall short of the requirements of certain clauses of the relevant standards during a certification project.
This is not to say that the product in question has been designed or manufactured poorly. In the vast majority of cases, the problems occur when the array of compliance issues that need to be considered when certifying a product are not fully incorporated into the design of the equipment from the outset.
For almost a century we have been helping you achieve your goals, access greater markets and provide services for you to demonstrate safe products. If our experience has taught us one thing, it’s that success comes with communication. That’s why we offer a pre-project Technical Information Service (TIS) prior to the initiation of a certification project.
TIS is a flexible service which can be tailored. It may take the form of in-person, teleconference or video conference meetings or a remote evaluation.
As part of the support service we are able to*:
• Discuss your product and certification requirements at length and confirm how the requirements apply to your design
• Evaluate your initial design against the applicable standards
• Conduct preliminary testing (which can be used towards a certification project if requested)
• Inform you of the relevant standards that you need to design the product against
The objective is that TIS gives both you, as a manufacturer and us, as a certification body, a better understanding of the likelihood of the successful certification of your product, or if there are changes required before submitting the final product design for certification.
Certification support projects are quoted on an hourly basis, so you only pay for the amount of time that you need. By spending a fixed amount of time and money at the outset, you could save a significant amount of time in the route to compliance as well as making potentially significant overall savings by minimising the risk of test failures and re-assessment during certification.
* As a certification body we are unable to participate in the designing or manufacturing of your product.