Duration: 1 day
Location: This course is delivered on your premises as a private course.
Price: Dependent upon location and number of delegates attending
Recommended Attendees: This is an essential course for anyone needing to gain a good general understanding of the subject and realise the implications of IEC 61508 and 61511 on their organisation’s products and processes. It is suitable for all organisations in the equipment supply chain, or end-users who need to evaluate them.
Course Description: This one day course includes a series of in-depth lectures, examples and guidance sheets covering the key requirements of the functional safety standards. It looks at how you can demonstrate conformity to the standards. Delegates will be made aware of the various aspects of compliance and understand the methods of conformity to IEC 61508 and 61511.
Course Availability: Please complete the contact us form for prices and availability or call us on +44 (0)1244 670 900.
Subjects included in this course are:
- Introduction: objectives and overview
- Determining safety functions and their integrity targets (SIL)
- E/E/PE safety systems and elements (IEC 61508 Part 2)
- Software considerations (IEC 61508 Part 3)
- Functional safety management (IEC 61508 Part 1)
- Compliance, assessment and certification